Saturday, July 28, 2007

Boxes, Boxes, Everywhere

I moved into this house in piecemeal fashion. Brothers, family friends, a brother-in-law, and anyone I knew with a kind heart and a strong back helped me to move in whatever hours they could spare. So in dribs and drabs the boxes piled up in my new living room.

I was using boxes scavenged from Barnes & Noble (19 x 13 x 8.5) which were far too heavy for me to lift once they were filled with books but posed no problems for my masculine helpers. (Thank you, O Lord, for giving that half of the human race greater upper body strength!)

Soon the living room held a majestic continent of boxes stacked three high. Peninsulas jutted out into the dining area, and an archipelago of boxes made it difficult to navigate one's way through the smaller downstairs bedroom. It is fortunate that I have no living room furniture!

No comments: