Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Unshelved

Oh, my goodness! Why have I never stumbled on this before? Unshelved is a daily comic strip set in a public library.

From their website:

Writer Gene Ambaum (the made-up name of a real-life librarian) and co-writer and artist Bill Barnes have been publishing since February 16, 2002. Some of the stories are made up, some of them are based on real life, and some are absolutely true stories sent to us from our readers. And the stranger the story, the more likely it is to be true.
Here is the beginning of a weeklong series comparing libraries to the Internet, which also spoofs the popular Mac commercials.

This is the beginning of a segment in which Dewey, the YA librarian, meets the only kid in America who hasn't read Harry Potter.

And here's the one with which I, as a bibliophagist, most identify. If you don't click on any of the others, please click on this one.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy their books!

No comments: